01-03-2011

Teeny tiny Fairy socks

For the past weeks I have been working on a pair of socks in a very, very, very intricate lace pattern. I've been doing some bulky yarn projects in between which made the socks look and feel even harder.



Teeny tiny thin needles and teeny thin yarn, even for a sock yarn. Klaziens kreatie Arwetta on 2,5 mm needles :)

Yarn was soooooo soft, and had a good stitch definition, which I love since there is no need in knitting intricate stuff if it doesn't show right?
(Never try to do japanse stitches in a fuzzy alpaca yarn, take it from me, there is nothing to see there... move along...)

Since the lace made the socks look like origami, that is what I named them: Origami socks.
The pattern is Susanna by Stephanie vd Linden: link to pattern.
The pattern has lace EVERY round. Usually when you do lace there is a round in between with only knit stitches (when going in the round). This is relaxing and gives your brain some time to chill... In this pattern, it, well...., kept on going and going and going. Not that I didn't like it; I actually did :)



Had to modify it of course! I had some lovely vintage ribbon that I bought of Etsy, the colors matched the yarn very good, in my opinion.
So...... After twelve rounds of knitting I put in a round of yo and k2tog, that way producing eyelets for the ribbon. After two more rounds of ribbing I started the lace pattern.




In the end they were to small for me, so they were donated to my mother, who has the most lovely tiny feet.

 The leg part is kinda loose and high so I figured they would look nice under some booties almost as one would use legwarmers, more like a accessory almost :)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten