22-04-2011

Vision for Maris

A few weeks back Mariska was nice enough to come with me to the yarn store. While she was there she found the most perfect shrug in one of the Rowan books. Can you make this Mariek? Sure, no problem. And I was looking forward to working with the luxurious Rowan kid Silk haze. Which is like the lovechild of a silkworm and an angora bunny :) lols

But.... boy, oh boy, I detested making the thing every step of the way! Don't get me wrong it is a great design and I am absolutely in love with finished piece...
First off the big circle was so easy it was really BORING. I had to push myself each night to do another repeat.
And then I thought when the fun was coming, meaning lace, I love lace. Nohooo the lace was written and not charted! And Rowan uses other names for certain stitches! AAAAARGH!
I kept losing my way even though I have done the exact same lace pattern on socks like a month before :( Not a happy camper on that one.
By then I wanted to finish it so bad I pushed on, but if it had been for me it would have gotten a one way trip to the frog pond pretty fast, rippit rippit..

But as I said the finished thing is gorgeous and looks fantabulously good on Maris.




For me it was a lesson: I will not knit for other people unless I love them dearly, my bff got her shrug purely out of the love I feel for her.
Imagine finishing something you detest for someone you hardly know? I wouldn't, so I learned my lesson: yay for me!

1 opmerking:

  1. beautiful!! I don't have the pattern for this, but I've seen a few pictures, it looks like the lace to me is dayflower out of one of Barbara walker's books.

    Take a look at this and see what you think.
    http://ahknits.typepad.com/knititude/classic_elite_premiere/

    I might try to improvise my own version of this and use dayflower. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen