23-04-2011

Magic Treetop Bags

This weekend is easter weekend, which means a lot of free time. And the sun is shining and I was feeling brave enough to try something new: felting!

I got this really course yarn from a co worker, I think it was spun straight from the sheep because it even had twigs in it :)
Not really suited to wear on the skin...
So bags it will be, and then of course one designed by Tiny Owl Knits. Yes I do love her whimsical designs, I admit.

When I started with this big floppy bag and the warning on the interwebs that felting is really hard to achieve when you have a front-loader washing machine. But after a few good spins on the highest temp it became this really cute bag: Kawai! (cute in japanese..) ♥

And I had enough yarn left to make TWO, yes.... two, more!

I was laughing all the way, felting is quite an artsy and organic process. You never know what will be the end product. I was quite surprised to see that the yarn became darker in the process, but it looked really good :)

So this afternoon I went to the park and made some pics of the first two bags in my fav tree. Then I had lunch on a bench in the sun with a really good fish salad: good times ♥


PS: I love my new shoes, They're from El Naturalista, a shoe company which is completely eco friendly and recycles. I love the look and walking in them. LOVE


And a random pretty flower photo taken in the park:


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten