03-05-2011

Blue Ishbel

Sometimes yarn wants to become a certain object. You can tempt it with other patterns you desire to make and the yarn will go "mwah...".

I had in my stash a gorgeous skein of Colinette Jitterbug in the colorway "heavens above". Prettiest blue you have ever seen.

I offered it sock patterns, but it wouldn't budge: I will be an Ishbel shawl!


Then there is nothing more to do but oblige...
At first I screwed up. The Ishbel shawl has a shifting lace pattern and I put stitch markers after every repeat! So it looked nothing like it should and out of sheer frustration I frogged the whole thing! (For all you non knitters: if you rip out a project it is called frogging: rip it, rip it, rippit, rippit, ribbit... get it?)




But still the yarn wanted to be the shawl, so after a few days and the luminating insight of the shifting pattern, I started again. Yesterday it was finished and I get why the yarn wanted to be that specific shawl: it looks heavenly!







No idea who will wear this, it's not really my color and I had no one in mind while making it: time will tell who will be the proud owner of the stubborn yarn shawl.  :)












Funny photo of me looking wonky, I like it anywayz:







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten