27-05-2011

Pink blossoms


A while back I bought some lovely pink Malabrigo lace, it is gorgeous and soft and pretty and... swoon...



I decided I would do a simple Haruni with it. I started out following Ysolda Teague's Ishbel pattern (link upper left corner of screen) until I had 100 stitches on every "wing" of the shawl. I could have made it bigger and maybe I should have but at this point I was getting bored and wanted to start the Haruni border (ravelry link again on upper left corner of screen).



I did not do the V shape in the border, cos, well.. I don't find it that pretty.

I blocked the living hell out of it, stretching it way out before pinning down.



I think it turned out real pretty and I'm pleased I finally made a Haruni shawl for myself. Even as I type there is a new Haruni on my needles. It will have to be done before july 16th since it is my entry in an auction for a local benefit. Phew.....


And a random pretty flower pic I took:

1 opmerking:

  1. Awwwww it's gorgeous! I love the colour! And the shawl is very impressive too, well done!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen