11-09-2011

Maris and her hat

Maris has this favorite hat she once bought at Noa Noa. She asked me to reproduce it in different colors.

So I did: ( in various luxury yarns)

I made one out of Manos del Urugauy:


I did one in Colinette Jitterbug in the great color Vatican Pie:


And I did one striped with Rowan pure Wool and Angora. I detest the Angora! It is yucky and tangly and sticky and meh! It got in my eyes, my ears.. everywhere and it itched like hell! If I never have to knit with angora again, it still would be too soon! 
But the hat came out really good and soft and I'm sure she will like it:


And to top it all off I made her an orchids and fairylights hat in Malabrigo Merino worsted, which she hasn't taken off since she got it:


You would think it would suffice for now...

And this is how I feel about working with the angora:





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten