20-02-2011

Hilarious slippers :)

Yesterday I didn't feel like doing the intricate lace pattern socks I've been working on. The yarn is super super thin and the lace is worked EVERY round.. And since I have been working with Bulky yarn the whole week it didn't feel right, to put it nicely!

Soooooo, grab something from your stash, find an easy pattern and let's get crackin'!

This is what emerged after some Gin-Tonic, the movie "Australia" and some much needed hoots of laughter:
Wonky Fairy slippers:



The Pattern is: Amy March's slippers by Tiny owl Knits. Here is a link to the Ravelry pattern page: link!


But I am unable to make a pattern without modifying it (or funking around with it, more astutely put).
After the pattern was finished I picked up ten stitches on either side of the slipper, joined in the round.
Worked a yo- k2tog round (For zee wibbon yes)  and just kept on knitting till the skein of yarn ran out. Et voila, wonky slippers!

Had some white ribbon lying around, and some left over bits of velvet ribbon. White ribbon was threaded through the slippers, black velvet ribbon with addition of a wooden button became embellishments, I love ribbon embellishments :)


Yarn is Colinette's Point five in the colour Thunder. It has some... well... unexpected side effects going with the extreme thin-thick handspun feel of it. Not too sure if I like the "messy" look of it that much. 
But with these slippers the whole effect was "high"larious! And it is really nice and warm and fuzzy and cosy on my feet and every time I look down they make me giggle!
Will surely be making the same pattern again with a more "balanced" yarn.



I love Mika! She always shows soooooo much interest in my knitting!


PS: If you are a knitter and you are NOT on Ravelry yet, I can highly recommend it! More patterns than anywhere else on the net, forums where you can ask the most stupid question and it will be answered. And most of all hours of fun!

Warning: Can be highly addictive! 

There is a link to Ravelry on the left hand side of my blog under: favourite links.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten