18-10-2011

Baaaaaaaaah

Did you see that movie about killer sheep? I think it was called Black Sheep. Horror sheep harhar..

I made some mitts with colorwork sheep on them: they are called baaaah and sneeze.



Because either they are evil or they are about to sneeze... see the way their eyes are set? I'm not too sure if this a halloween/ horror version of sheep or plain sneezy lambies.

Did you know that sheep sneeze? Me, I did not know until I was walking among some sheep in a field and I heard a really loud sneeze. Looking around there wasn't anyone there... ghosts... creepy crawlies? And then I saw this sheep sneeze with all it's hart! lolz! Sneezy sheep...

These wristees are the Baby Lamb Cuffs by TOK, done in Jamiesons Shetland spindrift. It was my first succes in doing stranded fair-isle, so I'm having a serious proud. At first I thought the background color was too dark for the sheep to be seen, but they really grew on me, so they are staying to live with me. Always need more knits in the house.

Washed the finished mitts with some of my conditioner that I use on my own hair and they became a whole lot softer. Tok said it worked for her, and since wool is hair in a way it is quite logical that it works. And now they smell really nice as well.

1 opmerking:

  1. I love the mitts! I am going to check out that pattern. I think you did a great job on them. As for their eyes, maybe they just don't want to be sheared.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen