04-10-2011

Productive I haz been (channeling Yoda there..)

As mentioned before, I love the woods. Especially this time of year! But last sunday I encountered the first stretch of woods that I did not like... It wasn't the trees, it wasn't the path... It was the massive amount of mosquitoes who have taken a bite out of me! They were so big they could not have been your garden variety of nastyness, they were like godzilla mosquitoes! ( Not my line, someone else thought that one up) And they ate me like I was a cream puff or something... And two days on I'm still covered in bumps!  



Why this mosquito rant on a knitting blog? I made another autumn inspired Ships and Seaside Cowl! So it is kinda related... cowl... autumn..woods... mosquitoes... that is what my brain did.



This time it was a commission piece. Gerry wanted a cowl inspired by autumn but weighing less than my original. She has some serious back problems, and it hurts her when it would be too heavy. No probs! So I went to work with some Colinette Jitterbug, Koigu kpppm, Cherry Tree Hill select sock and some bits and bobs of leftover niceness. 





I think it has become a great cowl! Warm and cosy, with a first fall side and turning into winter side. I adore it!


And since I have been dubbed the queen of these cowl in the TOK group I was asked to make one for a certain special someone in the group as a christmas present. Who will it be? Will it be you? 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten